Monday, July 4, 2011

Nelly Julien Boulangerie

Paris, FR
The great thing about Paris is finding a gem of a boulangerie like Nelly Julien. Only two blocks away from our apartment, we didn't know what we were in stored for when we ordered our usual almond and chocolate croissants.
Almond croissant
Obviously I haven't had every almond croissant in Paris, but I've had a lot of almond and chocolate croissants in my day.  And this was by far was the best almond croissant I've ever had. I loved it so much that during the morning we flew out, I ran (literally ran at 7 AM) to the bakery around to corner so that I could bring back these amazing, delicious croissants back to the states and share them with my family. The croissant was extremely flaky, buttery, with a balanced not overly sweet interior and perfect crispy edges, wonderful in every regard. 
Chocolate croissant
The chocolate croissant was good too, but it wasn't an earth shattering revelation like the almond one. But if you come to Paris, you have to come to Nelly Julien Boulangerie for a perfect almond croissant.

Overall 8.5/10
May 31st, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment