Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Papaya King

New York City, NY
I'm not sure I understand the craze behind getting a good hot dog, but I had fun lining up with everybody else waiting to spend 5 bucks to get the classic combo of 2 homerun dogs and a papaya drink. We actually just stumbled upon Papaya King wandering the Upper East Side. Chu-Toro wanted to compare this dog with Gray's Papaya, but we ever made it over there since we were filled up by all of our other stops.
Homerun - New York onions and kraut
So what's the verdict? It's a good hot dog, but not sure I'd crave it like most locals do. Everyone always talks about the snap of the dog, and this one had a good snap to it, along with my first taste of New York onions, very tasty.
Papaya Drink
The papaya drink had a chalky texture, sort of like an Orange Julius that hadn't been blended enough, so I'm not really sure I liked it. I wanted to go with the classic flavor, but probably opt for another flavor next time around. All in all, we had a good time checking out another classic New York food landmark.

Rating 7/10
March 5, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment