Monday, October 18, 2010

Avatar's

I first had Avatar's Punjabi burritos in Sausalito three years ago after reading about it in SF gates Bargain Bites. It was a totally unique concept to me, Punjabi flavors in a burrito wrapper, very tasty and interesting. Fast forward three years and Avatar's is now rooted near my office and is a solid lunch destination. Lunch with Midas turned out to be a fun culinary adventure at the new Avatar location.

Mixed Grill
I opted for something on the special's board which I call a mixed grill of shrimp, mussels, lamb and veggies over a plate of rice. Quite tasty and large, more like a dinner entrĂ©e with a well cooked flavorful  piece of lamb. I've always had an appreciation for the use of spices in Indian cooking and enjoy this dish.
Turkey enchiladas 
Midas also went for a special off the board ordering the Turkey enchiladas which he also liked.

It's not a culinary destination, but Avatar's offers a new flavor profile in downtown Petaluma with quality food and reasonable prices.


Rating 6/10
August 20, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment