Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Humphry Slocombe

San Francisco, CA

Do you know when the best time to go to Humphry Slocombe for the first time is? Well, it's not when the annual SF Street Food Fair is happening a block away. Discouraged from the long lines at the food fair, and the difficulty of maneuvering in the crowds with Shaddy, we opted to walk a block away to the  ice cream shop featuring unique flavor combinations. 
I guess a lot of other people had the same thought, because he there was a huge line. A line we waited in for just under an hour. When we neared the door, I found a nice table with Shaddy and Chu-Toro surprised me with the flavors.

Outside Humphry Slocombe
Shaddy


This is only half of the line
Chu-Toro came back with four flavors, Secret Breakfast flavored by bourbon and corn flakes, Harvey Milk and graham cookies, Tahitian vanilla and banana butter pecan. 



The flavors were definitely unique, unlike any that I've ever tasted before. I would probably come back given there was a normal 10-15 minute line and I was in the area, but Chu-Toro prefers Bi-Rite's creaminess and salted caramel.

Rating 6/10
August 21, 2010

Shaddy Approved

No comments:

Post a Comment